Thursday, September 16, 2010

My Cup Runneth Over...

You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows.
~Psalms 23:5


A friend of my used these words to describe her feeling as she was preparing to head to the mission field. These are the words that come to my mind, too. The weeks before I left for Kenya, I was completely surrounded by love & prayer in such greater ways than I ever expected. I’ve never felt so filled by love, support, encouragement, & prayer. It’s hard to even find the words to describe it. Overwhelmed comes to mind...in a good way:) I am blessed that these things have been present throughout my life already, and are magnified even more right now. All of this love & support made it that much harder to leave, though. Like water pouring from an overflowing cup, the tears have been abundant. At the same time, I feel so strengthened by that love to do this task God has sat in front of me…well, all of us. This calling extends to those closest to me, and even out to some I hardly know that are a part of my support team. I have been incredibly blessed by the people in my life, so I know God has some big things planned to have pulled me away from them for this time. If those plans are at all close to the dreams He’s placed in my heart over the past couple years, I’m excited:)





No comments:

Post a Comment