Thursday, September 16, 2010

Praise...Maasai style...

Praise the Lord.
Sing to the Lord a new song, his praise in the assembly of the saints.
Let Israel rejoice in their Maker; let the people of Zion be gland in their King.
Let them praise his name with dancing & make music to him with tambourine & harp.
For the Lord takes delight in his people; he crowns the humble with salvation.
~~ Psalms 149: 1-4

Praise the Lord.
Praise God in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty heavens.
Praise him for his acts of power; praise him for his surpassing greatness.
Praise him with the sounding of the trumpet, praise him with the harp & lyre,
Praise him with tambourine & dancing, praise him with the strings & flute,
Praise him with the clash of cymbals, praise him with resounding cymbals.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.
Praise the Lord.
~~ Psalms 150: 1-6


I read these scriptures the night before my 1st church service in Kenya (this time around) at the university near our apartments. It made me smile as I was seeing it lived out in front of me:) I think I have some things to learn from them! I wish I had taken a video of it, but I didn't. So...here's a video from the village church I visited 5 years ago...I hope it makes you smile, too:)

No comments:

Post a Comment