Monday, May 3, 2010

Opa!!!

Over a year ago, my sister (Lora), cousin (Rachel), & I decided we wanted to go on an adventure before I moved to Kenya for 3 years. We picked Greece! We started dreaming, planning, &...saving. As the year went by, my brother-in-law (Erik), another cousin (Sean), & Rachel's boyfriend (Bill) decided they wanted to come, too. And I can't blame them. We departed on our adventure March 11, 2010...only 3 short days after I moved from Nashville (perhaps not the best idea in the world, but it sure was distracting!). We saw many ancient treasures of this world & masterpieces of nature that God created. It was a blessing to get this time with my family before another adventure begins...Kenya!!! Here are some of my favorites...

Fun at the Parthenon!



Santorini - Sean, Rachel, Bill, me, Lora, & Erik


Huge cannon balls in Rhodes!

View of Athens from the Acropolis


Large, random columns everywhere!

Fresh octopus!



Unfinished temple on Naxos


Bike adventure on Naxos

Sisters, sisters:)

Colossus of Naxos? :)


Beautiful Santorini

Erik & Lora exploring the ancient city



Amazing Santorini!!!



Cousins!!! Sean, me, Lora, & Rachel

Now that's a large container of Kalamata olives!


Street of the Knights, Rhodes

Aegean Sea







Fresh olives at the market!








Probably...








Athens subway

Meteora monasteries



Meteora, Greece





Exploring in Meteora

Just in time for the monastery to close:(





View of the Acropolis from our hotel in Athens!


Typical sight at our Greek mealsTemple of Zeus...what's left








Cathedral in Athens


Sean & I hiking in Naxos

Night ferry coming into Santorini







Sunset from Oia, Santorini

One of the coolest pictures. Go Erik!

No comments:

Post a Comment