Monday, May 3, 2010

Ode to Nashville...



I moved away from my first 'solo home' in March:( I moved to Nashville in October 2005 with hopes of starting graduate school at Vanderbilt University the following Fall. I was accepted to school, I studied lots...and lots while working one of my favorite jobs ever, and I graduated (in August 2008)!!! I thought I'd only be in Nashville about 2 years while I was in school, but...I was there 4.5 years instead:) When I moved to Nashville, I had grand plans for myself. And they happened. But God was also doing grand things right along side me. Or should I say that I was moving along side him, and just didn't realize it at the time. I look back now at my time in Nashville, and call it my 'desert experience'. Pastor Mike Glenn from Kairos preached about this one Tuesday night. God uses 'desert experiences' in our lives to teach us & pull us closer to him. He did it with John the Baptist, Jesus, & many other in the Bible as they prepared for ministry. God used Nashville to pull me away from everyone & everything I knew in Indiana, and used my time in Nashville to mold me, grow my passion for missions, train me, & introduce me to amazing people that encouraged & inspired me...as well as became my friends. So here is my 'Ode to Nashville' in pictures...some of my favorite memories...and friends I'm missing...

Night strolls down Belmont Blvd...


Here Come the Mummies concert fun with Lora...


Snow/ice storm in Nashville?!?!


ICE! exhibit at Opryland








Papa, Mama, & I visiting Nashville's very own Parthenon!

Aunt Carolyn & I at Opryland






Hillsboro Village = home

One of our favorites...Provence





Fido's...neighborhood coffeeshop











NNP Graduation!!! Woo hoo!!!

Kenyan friends...





My little firestation down the street!









Interesting neighbors...


Dave Matthews & Jason Mraz
concert with Jill & Courtney!






Mexican cooking day with Rochelle:)


Annual Valentine's Day Predators game!







Lion King at TPAC...amazing!!!





Mamma Mia! at TPAC when Angie & Jessica visited


Malissa & I finally made it to the Willy Nelson Wax Museum :)


White water rafting the Ocoee






Winter Jam with Tamara





Fired Up! pottery studio with MHC :)




Ladies Night Out at The Melting Pot with Melissa & Emily!


Elvis sighting in downtown Nashville!
Zoo birthday celebration


Movies In the Park! I'm really going to miss this :(





KT Tunstall concert with Pam & Erin!






Friends...music...yay Nashville!


Love Sounds games!




You know you're in Nashville when the scoreboard is in the shape of a guitar:)


This is where I began to learn about the battle between Auburn & Alamamba...thank you Erin, Heather, Pam, (& Courtney) :)






Kim + smores = happy:)
Good times with Heather

Wonderful concerts at Starwood







Yes...I road a mechanical bull:)






Megan & Aaron's wedding
Dancing night with Michelle
Kendra & Angie came to visit :)





Katie #1 & Katie #2 :)


Hiking Fiery Gizzard with Leslie & Kevin





July 4th fireworks + rain from Centennial


Ryman concerts!!!


Linedancing with Jess at Wildhorse


James Morrison at 3rd & Linsley!!!

Elaine & Trevor visited on their way to Florida





Belcourt Theatre concert
with Malissa & Courtney





Halloween fun

Finally got to see Matt Wertz in concert!!! Haiti benefit concert with Kim
Global Health Conference with Stephany & Christy







Cinco de Mayo 5K









Fun times with Andrea





Good bye dinners:(

Pam & Amy created a new Gavin Degraw fan:)





Gingerbread House!!!


The Ray boys & their wonderful parents on the day they were discharged home :) I primaried Levi at Vandy






Levi & Jesse now 2+!!!





Moving crew :(

No comments:

Post a Comment